AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the impending arrival of my 150 I have a few questions about optimal video configurations.

From the DVD end I believe I'm set. I will have a Panasonic RP91 hooked up via VGA breakout cable.

For TV I am currently receiving digital cable.

For LD I have a Pioneer CLD79.

For the TV & LD will I need a line doubler such as a DVDO to create an acceptable picture?

Viewing distance is adjustable - the projector will be on the floor - but am aiming for 12' throw giving a diagonal image of 110".

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^

------------------

·
Registered
950 Posts
Hi Lou, from the specs I've read about the 150, and reading just about every post in this forum about this unit, you'll definately need some sort of line doubler like the DVDO you mentioned, especially with cable and the 12' throw distance! With a 110" screen you're going to see just how bad the cable picture is when you blow it up that much, especially since some channels are compressed more than others! I have DSS, and even on a 50" RPTV the compression artifacts on some channels are just freaking annoying! You're right about being covered with the DVD player. The Panny 91 is a great progressive player! You'll be super impressed with the DVD picture it displays. Cheers, VB

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Pi!

If anyone knows a good place to pick one of these up cheap let me know.

In the meantime I'll watch ebay, audiogon....

------------------

·
Registered
807 Posts
I tried the LT 150 with a Pioneer 703 LD player connected to Svideo and was less than impressed, particularly compared to progressive DVD. The LD quality varied according to the quality of the transfer but there was significant noise colour quality issues with most LDs. I am trying to arrange for a DVDO to see what improvements can be gained but I think I will more likely be replacing a number of LDs with DVDs. And the resale market for LDs is so hot sigh!; want to buy a 100 really cheap?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.