AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What, if any projector can fill this pictue out to where it looks good.

Projector fund circa 3k.

Epson 6500?

Other??

Room is 20 feet long.

Thanks

·
Registered
20,643 Posts
Hey KT.

I'm also in the market for a FP setup. My room is approximately 26' long. However, I have two acoustic panels hanging on my front wall that limits the size of screen I can get.
I'm looking at a 100" diagonal screen. I requested 3 swatches, the Stewart Firehawk & Studiotek 130 and the Vutec SilverStar. Gotta cover all my bases. As for the projector, I'm leaning towards the JVC RS20. But in the $3K range, check out the JVC RS10, Panasonic AE3000, and even the Sony VW60.

To complicate matters more, CEDIA is just around the corner. You might think about waiting.. but who wants to wait?
Bring it on!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
My living room (where I have my projector setup at) is 20 feet long. I have my projector placed at about 16 feet or so and currently projecting onto a 125" DW screen. That's the biggest I could make the screen without a seem, but before I just projected the image onto the wall and I kept it roughly 160" or so and it was just as good (better actually because it was bigger). I have used both the Epson 6100 and now traded it up to the 6500 (better black levels) and they are both very capable and have enough light output to do what you are wanting to do. My room is not completely light controlled and during the daytime there is still plenty of light coming in and it still has an enjoyable picture.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have now a epson 1080ub on a 120 screen and it works great.

So good that I want another Projector and a 150(inch) or bigger screen!

Do you think an Epson 6500 would do it (PQ) well, in a total light controlled room??

Thanks

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I have a Epson 1080UB on the 159" High Power. I would expect similar results with the Epson 6500

QUOTE]

So that I know, what is a high powered screen? for the 1080ub (159inches)

Do they still sell the Epson 1080ub somewhere?? I did not know it worked with a 150 inch screen!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semisentient /forum/post/16977147

I have a Epson 1080UB on the 159" High Power. I would expect similar results with the Epson 6500

QUOTE]

So that I know, what is a high powered screen? for the 1080ub (159inches)

Do they still sell the Epson 1080ub somewhere?? I did not know it worked with a 150 inch screen!

Thanks

The Da-Lite High Power screen. It has a high gain and so can help give a brighter image.

http://www.da-lite.com/products/sele...viewMode=front

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=773065

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Titus /forum/post/16985506

The Da-Lite High Power screen. It has a high gain and so can help give a brighter image.

http://www.da-lite.com/products/sele...viewMode=front

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=773065

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrd /forum/post/16985637

Thanks for replying for me. I don't come by here that often anymore.

Another great thing about these Da-Lite High Power screens is their affordability...

Before everyone gets too excited... remember "there is NO free lunch."

The HP screen is a terrific screen..., but very limited in projector placement and seating. The High Power is a Retro-Reflective screen which means the light is sent back directly towards the source.... (ie: Not Good for ceiling mounted projectors)

To make use of the HP the projector needs to be mounted with the lens as close to eye level as possible and the viewing cone is 7.5 degree's. The screen's gain drops off quite rapidly if you step outside these parameters.

The viewing cone applies to vertical movement as well as horizontal.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki /forum/post/17006373

So in basic terms, in order to get the full gain out of the HP, the projector has to be mounted somewhere near your head

Yes.

The manual explains that it specifically developed for midgets who like to sit in tandem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.