Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss is giving us $1500 to spend on:

LCD tv

Bluray player

Receiver

Speakers 5.1

This is for our lunch room to watch movies during lunch.

I would like suggestions on how I should divide up the the budget between the various components.

Or Maybe I should keep it simple and just buy a TV and a Home theater in a box that includes a Bluray player.

Also, feel free to ask questions if I left important details out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
The viewing distance will dictate the screen size(s) which will determine how much of that $1500 you have left over. My guess is that after the TV you won't have enough left in the budget for 5.1 sound so maximize TV size and buy yourself a cheap blu-ray player.

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
I guess everyone is excited by this offer?? Just remember, your lunch break is your time to regain your sanity.

There is a big draw back with staying in the lunch room to sit an watch TV.. No exercise, seeing the same faces as you do all morning and afternoon.. Always there to be pulled into work related issues.. and don't think for a minute that this will not happen and happen often. If you are out of the building for "YOUR" lunch break, you are actually getting a break!

If you still want to add 5.1 hit the used market (craigs list), no need to spend big bucks on sound since you lunch room is probably full of massive reflective surfaces that will never sound good no matter what the system..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.