AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to adjust the geometry of only the 16:9 mode - independent of the 4:3 geometry - on the TX-S2782H?

When I send a widescreen 16:9 progressive signal from my DVD player and set the TV to 16:9 picture mode, the picture geometry is slightly squeezed so that the image makes people on the screen look too tall and thin. It is very slight but it is enough that it is distracting to me. It is also overscanning much more than in 4:3 mode. I want to be able to adjust these geometry problems for only 16:9 sources.

When I enter the service menu the TV automatically reverts to a 4:3 image. I need to be able to adjust only the 16:9 geometry, the 4:3 geometry is fine. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Zac

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a KV-32HS510 and it is but mostly if it isnt displaying correctly and you havent mesed with anything then it could be the DVD player not reading the flag on the disc correcty

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...6E8A0B5D5B4DEF

here is a link to the service manual for my tv it shows gemority and how ot fix it but I wouldnt mess around with it unless you are sure it wont effect the 4x3 images

I meesed with my TV and had to reset it to get it back to normal be warned there are a lot of different ways to change the shape of the picture on the screen and some will only do something after some other one has been changed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not that the player is not reading the flag correctly. It is outputing a correct 16:9 image. And the TV is displaying the signal correctly, but the geometry is just slightly off. The DVD player I have hooked to the TV is a cheapo model so I thought maybe the DVD player was sending out a slightly distorted 16:9 image, but I tested it with two other DVD players and it's the same for on all three. I also tested the players on my other TV (KV-36HS510) and the 16:9 output looks correct. The DVD players and the TV all had the correct output and display settings: DVD players set to 16:9 display, progressive scan turned on, and the TV set to display a 16:9 image.

In other words it's not the obvious distortion that occurs when signal type and display setting don't match. It's clearly a factory preset for the geometry that is not accurate when the TV switches to 16:9.

I'm hoping that someone knows if it is possible to independently access and change 16:9 geometry for this TV

Zac

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm not sure if this is at all related but when I have my tv running in 16:9 on my ps3 the letterbox crops off a good deal of the bottom of the screen. When I go into 4:3, the missing portion is there and it seems no adjustments I make correct the missing portion of the screen once it goes back into 16:9. I have played wih every vertical adjustment i could find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.