AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
What Toshiba model is that? I didn't know that had a 1280X720 lcd. What's the price and availability?

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

[This message has been edited by Bulldogger (edited 06-28-2001).]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw it at CES in January. I have not heard much more about it since though. From what I remember, it was going to be available in May. I cannot find the post on www.thebigpicturedvd.com forum where I talked about it, but if I do, I will post the info here. I had approx. prices and everything.

Basically, IMHO, I like the Sony 10HT better. I could not compair, though since Sony didn't have ANY of their projectors there. Pretty sad.

------------------

Scott Vonhof
Scott's Site: DIY Speakers and Theater

·
Registered
402 Posts
Don't forget about the Plus Piano - while it's 848x600 (848x480 in 16:9 mode) panel is tiny, the price should be too...

------------------

----

Darren Rogers

·
Premium Member
7,274 Posts
Thanks. I found information on the Toshiba. Projector People has it and it cost around 6300.00. The saleman told me that they had a shoot out with the Sony VW 10, Sanyo plv-60 and Toshiba. He said Sanyo won, Toshiba was second and Sony was last. Also said the Toshiba had great colors but could not match the contrast and brightness of the Sanyo.

------------------

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.

[This message has been edited by Bulldogger (edited 06-30-2001).]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Toshiba is MT7, 1000 lumens, 1280x720, has a 1.3 manual focuc, manual zoom lens, noise is 32db, has built in speakers (but is still called a mobile theater projector and nobody would ever use those for a theater) is 11.22 lbs and was supposed to be around $8900 list.

The sharp, I was just told that it would be available in the late portion of the year, is 1280x720 and is supposed to be between $12-15,000. They had it on display, but you couldn't get close to the screen or the unit. They had one outside the projection area just sitting there. It looks nice, and looks like the noise shouldn't be a problem. They didn't have any literature on it available.

The Sanyo is out now and you can see the reviews all over.

The Yamaha was supposed to be around $10,000, available in May, is called the DPX-1, is 1024x768 dlp with a .9" XGA DMD chip, with no white(clear) color segment, not 16x9 native.

------------------

Scott Vonhof
Scott's Site: DIY Speakers and Theater

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
When is the Sharp XV-Z9000 suppose to be available in the states?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.