AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone stumbled upon information on an upcoming Native Widescreen LED projector? I have surfed the interwebs and found very little other than a few Chinese projectors that I refuse to risk any money on.

I have looked into the LG HS201 alot, but the fact that it is a 4:3 ratio and is 800x600 throws me off. I would love to find a 720p widescreen LED projector and I am more than willing to wait.

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

·
Registered
28 Posts
there's a lot of talk about the casio led projectors coming up. 2000 - 3000 lumens to be released this year

There is a thread about it on the forums, as well as a youtube video demonstrating it. My personal opinion is that I think it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to see it (a lot of folks have voiced opinions in the thread, some concerned, others excited etc... bottom line - see it in person to see if it as good as claimed)

a wxga model will also be available from what I understand. there are some MSRP going about, ranging from $799 for xga models, but my guess for the high end wxga model would be in the range of $1299 (just a guess though)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaugans /forum/post/18170880

I think we have a ways to go before true home theater LED projectors become anywhere near entry level budget.

kind of figured as much, just look at the Vivitek LED projector! 14,999 dollars is a little pricey for me at the moment (not to mention I don't really have that kind of room for a hulking beast like that). I don't really need a full on cinema projector considering I only have a 90" screen, but I would like one that could utilize most if not all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgos18 /forum/post/18171505

there's a lot of talk about the casio led projectors coming up. 2000 - 3000 lumens to be released this year

There is a thread about it on the forums, as well as a youtube video demonstrating it. My personal opinion is that I think it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to see it (a lot of folks have voiced opinions in the thread, some concerned, others excited etc... bottom line - see it in person to see if it as good as claimed)

a wxga model will also be available from what I understand. there are some MSRP going about, ranging from $799 for xga models, but my guess for the high end wxga model would be in the range of $1299 (just a guess though)

Hmm, I'll have to find that thread, I would be tickled to death to find a wxga LED projector for less than 2 grand.

P.S thank you for replying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgos18 /forum/post/18175890

and it looks like it may even be $1000.

Someone from France has already picked one up and absolutely loves it

So far so good...

HOLY COW!! Thanks for the link! I really cant wait for that! I am going to keep a close eye on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow. That's awesome. I have the Samsung P400B and although skeptical of its low lumens and VGA resolution have been very impressed. I calibrated it with an Eye One Display 2 and that instantly made a world of difference. Looking forward to trying HD though.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Unfortunately the Casio isn't fully solid state, it uses a red led and a laser that exites a green and a blue phosphor area on a 'colourwheel'. The colour therefor isn't as saturated as an LED projector. And there still is a mechanical wheel involved. Contrast is limited to 1800:1, according to spec, and it shows. Blenty bright though as should be expected from a powerpoint projector.

Overhere a Casio rep told me Casio is indeed hoping consumers will pick up on this and use these units for hometheater. But given the higher price in Europe, roughly 1000-1200 euro, people might be better of with an 1300,- euro calibrated Epson 2900. That's a rebadged 3500 aimed at the the big box store channel, same projector it comes with the same warrantee, only it's priced at 300 euro less.

So, an 1080P projector with 1700 hour lampguarantee and two year full warranty. The Casio's offer three year warranty and 6k hours on the lightsource, but the Epson has 1080P, better contrast, and colours, but lower light output as it is an HT projector. However at $799,- for the XGA...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts