AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody has mentioned this I haven't seen it. I noticed 16 Candles out there at Beast Buy last week while I was searching for Lawrence and Russian Ark. It proclaims "with the original score". Amazon commentators don't address this; they do seem to think the picture is not all that good and that there was nothing in the way of extras. Anybody know what's up with this one?

To me it won't have the original score unless Marius Constant's Twilight Zone theme is playing when she's walking up the stairs to discover her grandparents.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody's bought this thing yet? I hear stuff about Ferris Bueller endlessly around here, though this seems to me to be clearly Hughes' best.

The Amazonians are beginning to post, and they do seem to confirm that it's the full soundtrack- though it sounds like it wasn't in stereo when first released, as only the songs seem to have any separation- and that the print isn't all that good, and the transfer is a little soft.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Shaded Dogfood.

I noticed that too when I picked up 16 Candles from this thread http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=270321

The same studio has also rereleased Animal House and The Breakfast Club as part of the "High School Reunion" series. Both of these also have the "With the original score" on the cover. I have the original Breakfast Club DVD and I think this is either in stereo or mono. The new release is in DD and DTS 5.1 - I should have waited another month had I known!

No way Ferris Bueller destroys Samantha Baker any day! Time for a Poll:p

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought it and watched it, and it had that Twilight Zone music in it, which was all I was certain had been changed from what was on cable versus what was on the videotape. Never heard the original DVD, which was probably worse.

Don't know what people were complaining about as far as picture quality. It looks great to me. There isn't much in the way of Dolby stereo- I didn't notice much of anything until the dance. Still, just to have this funny bit of eighties nostalgia back is really big as far as Dogfood is concerned, and what a shame Molly Ringwald didn't see fit to pursue her film career; she was always my favorite of the "brat pack".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.