AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 6 foot cable to connect my pc to my monitor. I found out from the company that it is a 16 AWG cable. I never knew that a HDMI cable came with a number below 22. On the cover it says that its a hdmi cable with ethernet...another puzzle for me, cause both ends were male hdmi, until they explained to me that the ethernet wire was included ...which means it wont work with the old usual ethernet port. It also said on the cover that its good for 3D and 4K, although the top resolution shown is 1440p, which I believe is half of 4K...does this make any sense? I need to know if this is a good cable for a hdmi splitter i already ordered.

·
Registered
18,882 Posts
I bought this 6 foot cable to connect my pc to my monitor. I found out from the company that it is a 16 AWG cable. I never knew that a HDMI cable came with a number below 22. On the cover it says that its a hdmi cable with ethernet...another puzzle for me, cause both ends were male hdmi, until they explained to me that the ethernet wire was included ...which means it wont work with the old usual ethernet port. It also said on the cover that its good for 3D and 4K, although the top resolution shown is 1440p, which I believe is half of 4K...does this make any sense? I need to know if this is a good cable for a hdmi splitter i already ordered.
Basic information: A certified passive high speed hdmi cable will work just fine. At 6', you could probably get away with a smaller gauge wire. The ethernet channel is basically useless because that option for the 1.4 hardware spec for HDMI was never really adopted by the mfrs so you'll be hard pressed to find a device that supports it.

·
Registered
22,653 Posts
my "probably not" comment was intended for the OP's "does this make any sense"?

I've never heard of 16AWG HDMI cable. That has to be VERY thick!

Also... if it's rated for only 1440p, how can it support 4K?

IMHO, if you paid more than $3.00... you overpaid. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts