AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Al,

I assume that the your screen is 4:3 aspect ratio with the resolutions you have selected. Most people feel that going above 1280 horizontal resolution with an 8" projector will soften the picture to much because of line overlap. But I have I have seen great screen shots at higher resolutions. I think it a matter of personal taste. Try all resolutions and refresh rates and see what you think looks the best. Note however that above 1280 the Windows desktop will start to look on the soft side, but DVD's will still look great. It your setup use what you think looks the best. You have IMO the best 8" projector out there. (I have one too so I am bias) IMO with a 16:9 Screen I think the projector sweet spot is [email protected] refresh. I like a sharp desktop but that just a personal preference.

Mike

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm one who is in the higher is better camp.

Although the multiplication factor is very important. With the HT-PC I would advise 1920x1080. On my G70 this gives a very good picture. Normaly I use a PSM-1 modded Pioneer 939 and this one has definitly the best picture at 75Khz (1200P).

I must disagree with the soft issue, I never found the picture of my CRT soft, I must add that I did a very thourough focus procedure, can see scanlines @ 1280x1024. (on 4:3 screen).

You really must try for yourself, I believe that 1920x1080 gives the best perfomances, but that's MY opinion.

Hope you can make the wise decision, and not run at the limits of your projector (110Khz is my limit, 75Khz is way below that).

I have tested on a CRT with scanning limit 80Khz and 75Khz was overkill on that projector.

Greetings from Holland,

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.