AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, when are the 250GBs going to go on slickdeals - I don't buy anything smaller than that nowadays as I need to preserve the drive bays.

From slickdeals discussion, not home page, so I can only presume it's legit: http://www.slickdeals.net/forums/sho...threadid=12349

CompUSA WD 160gb 59.99 AR

Sunday January 25, 2004

Western Digital 160.0gb hard drive 7200rpm

179.99-20 instant - 70 mail in - 30 mail in =$59.99

Item # 310369

Check store and on-line for availability.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree...but what I really want are 250gb SATA drives...I need 8 of them to set up on a Raidcore card for my media server. I strongly prefer to use SATA over EIDE because of cable length, cooling, performance, and the advanced features of this RAID controller.

But here's another question....how are you all handling the one rebate per person/household requirement of these drives like this when you actually need about 8 of them?

Are you actually buying them on 8 separate invoices with a separate names and 8 separate credit cards, etc.?

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the time I can afford this, they'll either be that cheap directly, or the 1 rebate/household won't apply.

Whether that means I'm the eternal optimist [this will happen soon and one of the above 2 will be true] or the eternal pessimist[there's no way I can afford this anytime in the next 6-9 months, by which time they will definitely be that cheap directly] is left as an exercise to the reader...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.