AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The A3 is going on sale at Sears for 169.99. Does this mean that Walmart is gonna follow suit with their A2s???? How do you think this is going to affect other B&Ms???

This is a crazy awesome deal, it's online as well as instore.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is awesome, black Friday should be fun as well.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Holy Moly!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I could not find this on the Sears site, where did you? I notice that it says Friday only from 5am to noon. Could this be an early black friday ad, I doubt it? I see other products next to it with the same terms. Please let us know where you found it on their site. Thanks!

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleybacker /forum/post/12041983

The A3 is going on sale at Sears for 169.99. Does this mean that Walmart is gonna follow suit with their A2s???? How do you think this is going to affect other B&Ms???

This is a crazy awesome deal, it's online as well as instore.

A loss leader, if I ever saw one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
hahha...

So will people FINALLY concede that Toshiba is subsidizing players to gain marketshare?

And it has 2 FREE movies in the box as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcfan /forum/post/12042041

I could not find this on the Sears site, where did you? I notice that it says Friday only from 5am to noon. Could this be an early black friday ad, I doubt it? I see other products next to it with the same terms. Please let us know where you found it on their site. Thanks!

Hey, sorry, yea it's an early black friday ad.
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...13265&t=641373

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Not bad, but what is that ABBA deal just below it?

This must be a black Friday deal. I guess all the magor retailers will have a super cheap HDM player. Heck, Target may even discount their one player down to $399.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnagle /forum/post/12042055

hahha...

So will people FINALLY concede that Toshiba is subsidizing players to gain marketshare?

Who cares really.As long as they are getting there product to consumers at a great price it shouldnt matter how they do it or for what reason.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnagle /forum/post/12042070

Well, the $199 for a 2nd generation A2 is a complete ripoff now, especially since the A3 has 2 movies in the box plus all the mail-in movies as well.

too bad for all the suckers that jumped on the A2 last week, Toshibas subsidizing the crap out of everything now.

I feel bad for all the suckers who paid $1000 for the Samsung BD-P1000 last year, but that's just my opinion. Apparently, you are the only one pissed that Toshiba is selling low priced players. Getting worried it might affect the winner of the format war?

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I was expecting to see some good BF deals, but that's better than I was expecting.

Man, now to decide if I want to deal with the BF nightmare to snag one of these (I typically avoid going out of the house that day).

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Ahhh how the Blu-ray fanboys start to go into instant missile defense mode. It is fantastic to watch.

Kind of funny too because in the TV ad I saw for Sears HDTV's during the Pats/Redskins game today specifically mentioned adding and HD DVD player (and no, it wasn't Blu-ray or HDM generic). This would explain the tie-in.

Again, love the instant meltdowns though.

·
Registered
785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnagle /forum/post/12042070

Well, the $199 for a 2nd generation A2 is a complete ripoff now, especially since the A3 has 2 movies in the box plus all the mail-in movies as well.

too bad for all the suckers that jumped on the A2 last week, Toshibas subsidizing the crap out of everything now.

Toshiba is "subsidizing the crap out of everything"? We know Sony was losing $200 on every PS3 sold and is doing another $100 price cut.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I am surprised it will be for online purchases as well. No point of going to a store so early when you can do it with a cup of coffee while in your pajamas

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgarnagle /forum/post/12042055

hahha...

Give away the razors.. buy the companies (studios) making the blades and annihilate the competition.

It's a thing of beauty. The execution of a perfect plan. Let the enemy win for Q1-Q3 and then take them completely out of the war in Q4.

·
Registered
567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema /forum/post/12042109

I feel bad for all the suckers who paid $1000 for the Samsung BD-P1000 last year, but that's just my opinion. Apparently, you are the only one pissed that Toshiba is selling low priced players. Getting worried it might affect the winner of the format war?

I paid $401.00 for my Samsung BD P1000 last February, not $1000.00.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.