AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent used my setup for a little over a week because of no time to do so. With the new software for AVX1, I thought I would try things again.

Obviously I am missing something here, so plase dont be too harsh with your responses!

I have the DVHS connected to the DTC100, with the flashing power light. I am able to record OTA signal, I think. I assume it recorded because I had the "d" and I could record for 5 minutes before I stopped it. If there wasnt a signal being recorded, the DVHS would display "error CP" on the window. This didnt show, so I assume it recorded.

When I try to playback, it doesnt work. I have played a recording through the DTC100 before, but now its not working. Even if nothing recorded, I know there was a good recording on the tape, so it should have played that. The power light keeps blinking. I tried to stop and replay and stop and replay, no luck. Power cycled (power button) the DTC100, no changes. So what am I missing???

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to confirm, the recording (CSI on CBS tonight) recorded perfectly. I played it back through my TV's firewire port without any problems. But I still cant get it to play back through the DTC-100 (and yes, I was trying to playback while tuned to an OTA digital channel, strong signal, channel mapping off). So I would love to have some suggestions to try!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had this occur on a few occasions.

I have found that power cycle on the Mits HD2000U usually solves the problem. Sometimes I power cycle the Proscan 105 (same as DTC100).

There is also a procedure to reset the IEEE1394 list on the Mits. It is recording at the moment so I cannot look at the exact process but it has been posted on the forum before.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say power cycle the Mits, do you unplug it? I did numerous power cycles on both with the power button, and also rebuilt the 1394 list as well. But nothing seems to help. I even unhooked the firewire cables. Really not sure what else to try.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Kirby,

I use a power center with individual switches and actually remove AC power (for both my Proscan and Mits). I started with a powerstrip but it was not conducive to making the cabinet look decent.

I have found that the front panel power buttons do not have any "corrective" effect for playback issues.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*Edit* so power cycle (remove power) the Mits? I will give it a shot. Hopefully it will work.

I think I am going to also find another solution, I might buy a new JVC deck, as the prices are getting quite low, and I have quite a bit of BestBuy GC's..

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Kirby, this is why I stay with JVC. Even though there have been some issues, Richard has seen first hand with his testing that the JVC is more stable than the Mits.

Dave

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see the JVC can be had from various places at good prices now, but if its not an authorized dealer, I dont think I will buy from them. Sure would be nice if BB had another 10% off weekend soon, that way I could get one for about $400 (with gift cards).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.