AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HDTV OTA/Satellite receiver inside the RCA F38310 seems to be almost identical to that of the DTC100. I wonder if the 169Time mod can be added to this set. :confused:

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
What do you mean by "almost identical?"

If you have examined the HDTV receiver board in the RCA F38310 and it has the exact same 34 point connections as pictured in the HDVR100-2 install manual, I would say the chances are excellent that you can add the modification to the receiver board in the RCA F38310 . If there is one difference then you are probably SOL. Get the install manual from 169Time and a good magnifying head gear and examine each of the connection points. IF the receiver in the RCA F38310 is a box that actually says its a DTC-100 box sitting inside the RCA F38310 then that would be good enough for me too.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
When I bought my rca new, I took it over to Richards on the way home and we opened it up and looked at the board. Between the dtc100 board and the rca dtc100 board, they load different parts since they are used differently. It would not be just put in the board since there are parts in the way of the rca board. Also, there would be no timer function since the board in the rca doesnt need. One would have to cut a hole in the case which would void the warranty. So even though I wanted to do it, after we looked at what it would take, I closed it back up and said no thanks.

dave

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ok now I am confused. On the front it says RCA

On the back model dtc 100

Other than that will it work?

Its got the rounded corners on the front

I was sersiously thinking on ordering a jvc 30k and mod now I am really unsure ,

Good thing I ordered my Paradigm's instead

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Not sure what your question is. We were just talking about the dtc100 thats inside an rca direct view set. It really has nothing to do with HD recording since this board is loaded differently and had different f/w on it.

dave

·
Registered
307 Posts
I get it now. I though there was 2 entirly different dtc 100, the tv didnt even click.

my fault

I did order the speakers, though cant get the d vhs around here yet..

Will keep trying

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.