AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made the call (and the four after that) to get my paddle upgrade for my Proscan version from 169time to upgrade the software. Question I have, when I take this sucker in to the service center, and they see the fireports on the back, what will they do????

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or should I just not worry about getting the paddle upgrade? I am only going to use this DTC100 for recording, but my concern is this: the raster timing/geometry of this unit is different than my non-169time DTC-100 (which operates correctly). If I make a recording off the one, will it play correctly thru a DVHS deck (not through the 169time dtc100)? If its simply a display problem while viewing, then maybe I wont worry about it.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Uh.. stoopid question here... what's the "paddle" upgrade. I have a 169time'd Proscan PSHD105, but not sure what the paddle upgrade does??

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
With DirectTV having suspended sending the DTC 100 firmware upgrade, the only way to get an upgrade is to have your local RCA authorized service center order the "paddle upgrade" kit to upgrade your firmware for you.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
If you can make a recording it should be the same regardless of the firmware version. I think newer firmware adjusts display output, remaps local channels, and fixes some program guide issues. Really old firmware doesn't work right with the 3rd LNB (Sat C).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.