AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic 700 projector with a 106" screen and when I play games that are widescreen (Madden 2005, GTA San Andreas), even though the game is set to widescreen, it still displays in 4:3, has anyone else had this problem?

If so, can you let me know you fixed it to fill your screen or maybe what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Is the PS2 itself set to 16x9?

·
Registered
912 Posts
1) Ensure that there isn't a disc in your PS2;

2) Go to settings, and change monitor to 16:9.

Voila!

I'm just getting into Madden 2005 myself - my main QB (a created player) just had his arm broken and will be out 11-12 weeks, my 2nd QB (Tim Rattay) had a season ending concussion from some damn Rams defenders, so I'm using Dorsey right now, and need to sign up a free agent (or create another QB - but my salary cap is only about 6M :()....what great fun!:D

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the PS2 in 16x9 mode already, I even made sure that the game itself is set to 16x9 mode.

I will try changing the projector to full mode.

Brown, that is the FUN part about franchise mode :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Kevin...

You have to grab the component output cables. It will solve your problem. I got the madcatz for about $10. (It's universal for PS2 and Xbox.)

I have the PS2 hooked to my projector via component. I had the same problem you did with the original connections. When I went component, the issue dissapeared and the clarity got that much better.

Try putting your pj on native...then change the PS2 settings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.