AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw widescreen SD highlights on ESPN tonight for the first time ever. Looked zoomed and cropped, not stretched.

I've never seen widescreen SD on ESPN; tonight they used two 16x9 file clips in the same package.

Anybody knows if ESPN plans to move to 16x9 SD, or at least use widescreen highlights, if available? I'd love to see more widescreen SD, if we can't get more HD...

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
What's the average percent of HD game clips on SportsCenter?

I noticed the CWS at NYY highlights were SD 4:3. Does ESPN not have access YES-HD? Or is it a limit in how many events can be recorded at one time?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Yeah HDNews has more HD sports highlights each night than ESPN. Also whenever HDnews has a story on an athlete they always can find HD highlights of that athlete playing while doing a VO

·
Registered
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMHouston
I tune in to see Stuart "Cyclops" Scott's fake eye.
Cruel. With that said, with my new TV and HD I find it MORE difficult to watch/listen to him. With my old 27 inch tube he was just some guy who's eye looked a bit strange.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehren
pretty pathetic how HDN News can get YES-HD and ESPN-HD cannot.
Same thing with BlueJay game highlights in HD on HDNews, but SD on ESPNHD :(

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roachxp
Same thing with BlueJay game highlights in HD on HDNews, but SD on ESPNHD :(
Now Phillies home games are ALL HD...most have been HD for 3 years on ComcastSportsNetHD...never saw a Phillies highlight on ESPNHD be HD. :mad:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMHouston
I tune in to see Stuart "Cyclops" Scott's fake eye.
He does not have a fake eye. As a child he had cornea transplants in his left eye. He was hit in the same eye a couple of years ago by a football fired out of a machine, he needed a few surgeries to save his sight. I'd really suggest you should check your facts before throwing out insults about someone's physical problems. The man is very lucky to have sight in that eye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.