Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I need some advice. I just ordered a Dell computer (black) and want to upgrade my lcd monitor. Currently, I have the 15in NEC 1530v which has been great. The only problem is that the monitor blurs when watching movies. I know that most lcd monitors will do that. I am looking for a monitor thats at least 17in and comes in black.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just found a Dell UltraSharp 1800FP 18-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor

with coupons the total came out to $491 including tax and free shipping. Does this sound like a good deal? Anyone have this model?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently bought the same Dell 18" Ultrasharp new on Ebay. The price you quote is very good, especially direct from Dell (I bought mine for only slightly less, after shipping & C2it fees). I bought it & set it up with an HTPC (Shuttle SK41G XPC + MyHD) as an HDTV monitor & I'm very happy with the result. I don't see ghosting, but I don't particularly look for it when I watch. I just wish Dell or somebody has similarly affordable LCD & same quality in 16:9 aspect (believe me, you'll crave for it when you start watching HDTV). It does have DVI, although I'm not taking full advatage of it at this time cuz MyHD does not have DVI. The picture is still pretty darn good though. For the price, I'd say you should go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.