Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.boesendorfer.com/_english_version/index.html

Bösendorfer has been very successful for over 170 years in the world of high quality sound.

Our commitment to this great musical tradition has led to the development of the loudspeaker program, with which Bösendorfer sets another new standard in the world of quality sound.

At the heart of this development and listening experience is the active acoustic principle, the horn resonator and the plate resonator, which enable the optimised adjustment of sound to the space around it. The entire loudspeaker box is a single body of sound - the entire loudspeaker is an instrument. Similar to the strings of a piano that causes the entire grand piano to vibrate through a complex interaction of a steel frame and wooden case. Bösendorfer loudspeakers produce an unparalleled, authentic listening experience.

SHOWN ABOVE>>>

Bösendorfer's largest floor standing loudspeaker. Two-way system with two treble speakers, four bass drivers /mid-range speakers and two Acoustic Sound Boards.

frequency response 25 - 27,000 Hz ( ±3 dB)

crossover frequencies 130 Hz*; 2.5 kHz

power rating 180 watts

music rating 360 watts

impedance 4 ohms

operating performance 1.1 watts (for 91 dB/m)

dimensions (h x d x w) 1330 x 403 x 195 mm (52.4" x 15.9" x 7.7")

weight 36.5 kg (80 lbs)

hoererlebnis_mai05.pdf 297.541015625k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
What's that wood, Bubinga?

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
so they're designing a speaker to have the cabinet resonate like the body of an instrument?

That is a profoundly horrible idea....

They should stick to making instruments. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
This is very interesting. My first tendency would be to laugh at this, but Bösendorfer is a famous name. Preferred by some to Steinway. One wonders what building a fabulous piano has to do with building a fabulous speaker, but I look forward to hearing more about them.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
We discussed a dealer arrangement about a year ago; but, I didn't need another Bosendorfer piano (they thought one on our showroom floor would be a good enough investment to pay for the speakers).

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
Not sure I follow you Noah.
I think he's saying that a speaker of that design is not a speaker, it's an instrument.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Hmmmm, Bosendorfer has the word Bose in it..

Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

:)

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:D

More from Enjoy The Music:

Bösendorfer, manufacturers of legendary pianos used by the world's best musicians worldwide, will be showcasing their VC7 ($22,000) floorstanding loudspeaker. Some of the features include steel driver baskets, air-gapped fused magnets, Kevlar voice coil mounts and carbon fiber/Alaskan hemp diaphragms. This two-way system has a pair of tweeters secured to the slim front section and four midrange/bass drivers mounted on the deeper side pieces. Frequency response is from 25Hz to 27kHz, sensitivity is 91dB/W/m and present a 4 Ohm load. Available finishes include Piano Black, Burl Walnut, Bird's Eye Maple, Pomele, Burl Birch, Maple, Cherry, and Burl Maple.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.