AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a 3rd Dynaudio Contour 20 as a center channel and need a 18" or slightly shorter speaker stand. As closely as it could match the Standard 24" Stand 20 I'm using for the FL/FR the better. I have a feeling I'll be making a custom stand out of Baltic Birch and MDF.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/accessories/stand-20

Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.5 x 17.3 x 14.2in
Dimensions with feet/grill (W x H x D): 8.5 x 17.3 x 15.6in

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Gonna be hard to find one looking like the 20s

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am using a 3rd Dynaudio Contour 20 as a center channel and need a 18" or slightly shorter speaker stand. As closely as it could match the Standard 24" Stand 20 I'm using for the FL/FR the better. I have a feeling I'll be making a custom stand out of Baltic Birch and MDF.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/accessories/stand-20

Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.5 x 17.3 x 14.2in
Dimensions with feet/grill (W x H x D): 8.5 x 17.3 x 15.6in

Thank you.
Can you buy a single from Dynaudio and have it cut down?

the top plate looks like it is mounted to the upright with screws. Remove the screws and plate and take it to a machine shop for a quick trim.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you buy a single from Dynaudio and have it cut down?

the top plate looks like it is mounted to the upright with screws. Remove the screws and plate and take it to a machine shop for a quick trim.
That would be ideal and it wouldn't hurt to ask but likely will have a premium cost.

I am also considering building a Subwoofer using a Scan-Speak 32W/4878T Revelator 13" Subwoofer in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure. The way I build my enclosures there would be no chance of vibrations and it would be the perfect height and depth for a Contour 20. I have a second 12" ns12-794-4a I could use in another location in the room and with an external Bryston 10B Sub crossover I would be set for 2-channel listening.

I have a feeling my wife would prefer the matching stand.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
That would be ideal and it wouldn't hurt to ask but likely will have a premium cost.

I am also considering building a Subwoofer using a Scan-Speak 32W/4878T Revelator 13" Subwoofer in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed enclosure. The way I build my enclosures there would be no chance of vibrations and it would be the perfect height and depth for a Contour 20. I have a second 12" ns12-794-4a I could use in another location in the room and with an external Bryston 10B Sub crossover I would be set for 2-channel listening.

I have a feeling my wife would prefer the matching stand.

Thanks
Sent you a PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts