AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good price listed for 433cmx at 1800plasmas and they accept credit cards without all that paypal stuff at plasmaextreme.Anyone have a buying experience with this company? thanks Matt

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would love to.. as soon as they (plasmaextreme.us) accept CC's w/o paypal.. IMHO, not doing so is amateur.. getting a CC processing account is easy and even if she has to add X% to the price.. it would get the vendor more business.

just my $.02

·
Registered
772 Posts
Quote:
would love to.. as soon as they (plasmaextreme.us) accept CC's w/o paypal.. IMHO, not doing so is amateur.. getting a CC processing account is easy and even if she has to add X% to the price.. it would get the vendor more business.
strangely, this was the one thing that finally made me get a paypal account- something i knew i was gonna have to do one day, but was too lazy to.

plasmaextreme placed the order while i'm still completing my verfication process with paypal- nice -> no delay as a result. can't argue with that.

MMAfia

·
Registered
772 Posts
well, i will in fact still be paying via a CC through paypal (not using a check, money order, etc.)- it may depend on the specifics of your CC policy regarding these 'bonus' service features to an extent.

MMAfia

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Credit Cards for Online Purchases

I agree with SCMGuru on this much-discussed issue. Using PayPal is NOT the same as buying through a regular credit card account. There are several sites on the internet entirely devoted to bitching about PayPal.

Many people prefer credit cards for the added security and extended warranty they provide, rather than for the opportunity to defer payment, especially considering the usurious interest rates often charged by the CC issuers.

As far as I can tell (and precise numbers are hard to come by) the added charge to the merchant for using a regular credit card account vs. PayPal is around 1-2%. I for one am more than willing to pay this much for the benefits of using a conventional CC account.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Maximus330I
I thought Lisa at Plasmaextreme.us accepts credit cards? I was looking at her site and it had the visa, mc, and amex logos on it.
The logos are there, but CC are accepted thru PayPal according to the website:
Quote:
Plasma Extreme accepts all major credit cards through PayPal as well as cash, bank wire transfers, cashiers and personal checks.
Considering purchasing a 433CMX from them, but I'd like to check out what the CC via PayPal warranty extension policy is, before I do.

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
Paypal can be dangerous. I had the honor of having a vendor drag his feet in refunding me money after he couldn't deliver a plasma. Paypal were useless in convincing him to refund my money.

In the end, I probably wasted quite a number of hours bugging him on the phone and I got all my money back.

Other people weren't so lucky, as he went out of business shortly after.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i totally agree that paypal is not a perfect service, but you have to wonder why it got to be where it is today. if the majority of people who have tried found the service to be terrible, paypal would not have grown to what it is today.

MMAfia

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyMafia
i totally agree that paypal is not a perfect service, but you have to wonder why it got to be where it is today. if the majority of people who have tried found the service to be terrible, paypal would not have grown to what it is today.

MMAfia
PayPal is a fantastic service making many small dollar purchases (Ebay in particular) much easier. However, it seems that even thought you are using a credit card to process the purchase, you don't seem to have all the benefits (price protection, extended warranty, ect) as you would if you paid with the card directly.

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
If you check the 1800plasmas web site, they offer 3% discount for cash instead of credit card - so it must cost 3% for credit card transactions. Quite a hefty sum for a $6000+ purchase. That adds up to almost $200.

·
Registered
772 Posts
the way it works for plasmaextreme, they are first gonna give me a tracking number (which i can verify) before charging my paypal account.

wish everyone worked that way ;)

MMAfia

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why bother going through the hassel with paypal and plasmaextreme when 1800plasmas lets you use direct credit cards and has the same price?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brucer
Here's a novel, idea -

Support the Sponsors!

O.K. - Which sponsor would you recommend? When I bought our Panny 42" last winter, I simply followed the suggestions of many on this board and ordered from "Paul". I was happy. I could have saved $100 to $200 from somewhere else (Dell?), but it was worth a small amount more to deal with a person.

I asked him if I could save some money by sending him a cashier's check rather than using a CC. He talked me out of it saying the money I could save was not worth it since i would have an extended warranty by using my CC.

...mike (Who is now thinking of getting either another Panny or a Pioneer)

Paypal came into use when buyerss on ebay would be reticent in giving out CC numbers to sellers who weren't "legitimate" businesses.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.