AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that Denon does not make 1803 any more. I can get it for $300 from one of the online re-tailers. Is that still a good choice?? I have a small liv room.

Second - a very newbie question - what size speakers I would be able to drive with that 80 watt/per-channel baby?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Second - a very newbie question - what size speakers I would be able to drive with that 80 watt/per-channel baby?
That depends on the speaker's efficiency,assuming an 8ohm speaker.What did you have in mind?

Shawn

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking around for some speakers - I do not want to disturb the neigbors -:) I going to listen to some Mirage speakers this wknd - some Omisats, and try to see if I can find some Omni's. Also want to listen to some Klipschs - the Rerefence series. Something about 100-150watts, 90db+ room efficiency - of course dependent on the $$. What do you think?? Would 1803 do?? I can get it for $329 online.

Also, if you have a recommendation for middle of the line speakers for a small liv room - mixed between Video and music - please do tell - I am wide open - withing reasonable $$$.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
The Klipsch's will get extremely loud in a smallish room w/75 watts.The Mirage's will get loud.The two sounds(Mirage vs. Klipsch) are very different.Only you will know which sounds better.If you like the sound of Mirage then you may also like the sound of Definitive Technology bipolars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shawn - thank you. I take it the AMP is ok - maybe I can even go with the smaller amp. I will give it a listen this wknd.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I wouldn't go w/ too much less than 75 watts unless you have extremely efficient speakers.It's always good to have some headroom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.