AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all

I have a Sony KV-27EXR20 that was manufactured on Sept 1991 (printed on rear of set) and as I have recently purchased a Panasonic P50S1 (which I LOVE) I have no real use for this 18 year old Sony TV.

So I'm trying to sell it, but I don't really know how much to ask for it. It's a great TV with excellent picture quality and even an S-video input! I've seen some ebay auctions for TVs about 10 years old and most are selling for under $100 (some are even less than $50). I feel that this TV is worth more than $100, but perhaps it's market value is much lower since TVs are so awesome nowadays.

What do you guys think an 18 yo 27" CRT is worth?

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
I can go to my local TV service shop and take away as many similar TVs as I can load into my car for NOTHING!! It saves the service shop the cost of a dump fee on each set.

They get stuck with them when customers don't pickup or pay for the repairs.

I take these sets and replace broken ones in old folks homes and shelters.

Perhaps you should just donate yours to a women's shelter or find a family on your block who can't afford a TV (not uncommon these days)!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I used to sell those! They were a nice set. See if anybody you know wants it, even free, for watching normal cable TV it's great. Charity is a good idea, or put on Craigslist for 90 bucks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Around here, 27" TV's are going for $50 max on Craigs' list. I had a 25" Panasonic from 1988 that was never used very much and in like new condition that I posted for free, since I didn't want to bother with arguing over price and the $25 or whatever it would have brought is pretty insignificant to me. I also have a 19" Sony from 1988 that has maybe 8 hours of use on it that I'm planning on giving away.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I would say it is worth $50 on a good day at best. I would be highly surprised if any 18 year old 27" set is selling for $100 on Ebay or CL. Just because somebody is asking that, it doesn't mean it is selling for that. Personally I would try for $50 on CL if it doesn't sell donate it. I sold a 10 year old 27" Sony a year or so ago for $50 and was happy to get that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts