AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is an act of desperation, but I was wondering if anyone has or is familiar with the Sony 32XBR45 from late 1995/ early 1996? I messed around in the service menu and I need to know the factory/ correct setting for GMMA (Gamma). I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wrote them down on a piece of paper that I lost! OOPS!!!!!

Any help?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, if nobody has any experience on this set, could someone help me find the best gamma setting. The range is 0-15 with 0 having the darkest picture and most deeply saturated colors. However, 15 has the brightest image with the most vibrant colors. I really hope someone can help me with this. Just out of curiosity, where does Sony usually have their default gamma setting? Is it usually all the way up or down or is it in the middle? I have tried so many settings and it looks good but very different at the various settings. I just wish I knew which setting is the most accurate (2.2?). Why doesn't Video Essentials have a Gamma pattern? Please Help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I guess I'm not the last one! I also have the 32XBR45 and the thing just refuses to die so that I can buy a new set. Anyways, I checked for you and the GMMA setting on my set is at 12. I've never used the service menu before today so if you need any other original factory settings I can probably retrieve them for you.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANK YOU!!!!!! You have made my day. I too am waiting for my set to die before purchasing another. Hopefully SXRD will be affordable by then. Anyway, thanks again. My set has been ISF calibrated (right after purchasing in1996) unfortunately the calibrator did not adjust GMMA. I do have the grayscale and color decoder adjustments if you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.