AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my speakers. These speakers will strictly be used for watching movies. We do not listen to music. I have a 5.1 system currently. So I think I am looking to just replace the 5 speakers. I know very little about speakers. I would like to stay around 1k unless I am getting some serious bang for your buck. I would prefer these speakers be wall mountable!

I dont think I need a Sub upgrade. Its a 12", and I have bass shakers installed in all the seating. Here is a link incase you all feel that I should upgrade.
http://reviews.cnet.com/subwoofers/p...7-6900283.html

I have a Harmon Kardon 247 Receiver. Here are the specs...
http://www.harmankardon.com/specific...R%20247&sType=

I read some good things on here about the Axiom QS8 speakers. I am guessing they would be strictly used as surround speakers? Not the L and R?

·
The Village Idiot
9,713 Posts
The Infinity Primus are great sounding speakers - you can find them here .

The 362s - P152s or P162s and a C350 center would definitely go great with the HK 247 and Polk sub. Your total would be $590 plus shipping if you choose the P162s - which is what I'd buy - they are only $10 more each.

Don't bother with the C250 center - the C350 is much better.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Check out HSU's HB-1 and HC-1 , 4 Hbs and a HC would cost 1K before shipping. Those are terrific speakers.

Also check out Ascend Acoustics moving sale , a 5.0 set for 1K with free shipping.

A set of SVS SCS-01 speakers with SBS rears would probably run you less than 1K, I can't link to the site right now though, it seems to be down.

A set of Elemental Designs A6 6T6 towers, 6T6 center and A6 5T5 rears will run you less than a thousand, check out their Home Theater Package Builder .

Get a set of Acoustechs, some PL 89 towers , a PL 28 center , and some PL 66 rears , would run you less than a thousand before shipping, although shipping probably tips it a bit over. There is a user named Darth Indy who is selling his PL 89s, you could save money by buying those from him and the rest from acousticsounddesign.com or amazon. Drop him a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The Axiom QS8 and are just for surround, not fronts. If you want speakers that match with the QS8 (looks), the surrounds don't have to be the same as the fronts but I myself prefer all speakers be from the same maker and same model. The Axiom m2 and vp100 would get you just a tad over 1k $1,036.45. You could save by getting the smaller qs4 surround instead.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Haven't heard the QS8's but i have a pair of QS4's and they're amazing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts