AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a house that will have a living room that is 16x17-8 with vaulted ceilings and it will be open to other rooms.I'm looking at a klipsch system either rf62 or rb81 that debate is still open.from what I've read I think 2 subs whould give me a better ht but with only1k I'm not sure what to look for.They would definetly have to be on the smaller size.What about if I just went with 1 like an axiom ep500,or one of the svs duals or the hsu.I've read that 2 on either side near the front will give a better soundstage but I am not experienced here so what do you all think?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Soundstage doesn't really apply to subs. Bass is mostly omnidirectional, so as long as you find the proper placment for your sub, and dial in the level and phase correctly, you shouldn't be able to tell where it is in a given room.

I would go with 1 good sub rather than 2 okay subs. The only real reasons to go with 2 budget level subs are 1) you are buying 1 at a time as your budget allows, and 2) you want a true stereo configuration in a small room, and 2 PB10's for instance would be adequate.

I think you will be very pleased with what Axiom, HSU, and SVS have to offer in the $1000-$1200 range.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockemsockem /forum/post/0

Soundstage doesn't really apply to subs. Bass is mostly omnidirectional, so as long as you find the proper placment for your sub, and dial in the level and phase correctly, you shouldn't be able to tell where it is in a given room.

I would go with 1 good sub rather than 2 okay subs. The only real reasons to go with 2 budget level subs are 1) you are buying 1 at a time as your budget allows, and 2) you want a true stereo configuration in a small room, and 2 PB10's for instance would be adequate.

I think you will be very pleased with what Axiom, HSU, and SVS have to offer in the $1000-$1200 range.

Kinda figured I would get that response,but I wanted to see if others felt differently.I listened to some Klipsch and def tech today so I might go with the def tech route and if I still need a sub I could add one later.Now 7004s or 7002s?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.