AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this yesterday but I beleive I was not specific enough.

I want to spend $1K on a 5.1 or 6.1 receiver, and speakers to go with.

I know very much that speaker sare very important and I will slant my budget to a 60/40 split if neccasary to purchase good speakers. I want to make sure the music in a scene from DVD does not overpower the voices.

I will use this occasionally to play MP3's as well from my mp3 box.

I am not much of an audiophile. But I do know some of the basics.

What suggestions do you guys have?

Thanks,:D

Alan Cooke

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sbradley02

Thanks for the help.. This is exactly what I am looking for... I need some places to start.. I hope these are available in brick and mortor store so I can try them out.

Again thanks...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sticky
What are some reputable internet sellers?

Thanks

Alan Cooke
The Cambridge is only available via the Internet and in their company stores, primarily in MA and CA. Get the store listings at http://www.hifi.com. For the others, I'd hate to recommend a store I haven't tried myself. I'd start with http://shopping.yahoo.com, and only consider dealers that have a high merchant rating. Finally, before you buy, verify that the dealer is factory authorized, otherwise you won't get a factory warranty.

Seth

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just spent the day installing a set up for my dad. Denon AVR2802 DPLII processor AR HC5 speakers. He has a small media room and this combo sounded and looked great !!! I was shocked at how good it sounded. I will probably get the same set up for my bedroom system.

Got some great prices on the two around $1,050 total (Internet Yahoo shopping )

The AR's are a recommended componet from the Perfect Vision and considered a great value at the retail of 800.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may go with a kilpsch quintet with ksw-10 sub, and a SonyÂ*STR-DE1075 Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver or Denon 1802.

I am still debating between the two... Looks like the Sony has waay more toys but does not have PL2. the Denon has less frills but has PL2.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
753 Posts
PLII turned two channel sources into dolby digital "like" sound. If you are going to be watching reg TV and not just DVD's I'd look for PLII it will be alot more useful than lots of DSP's. JM 2 cents

Regards

·
Registered
957 Posts
See my recommendations for Krisa. They total $900.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.