AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a series of questions about the new HT system I'm getting ready to purchase and enjoy! I really want to do this right this time! Here's the first...

I am attaching a drawing of my room for your viewing pleasure. The notes on the drawing tell most of the story, but I'm sure I must have forgotten something. With the ceiling sloping from 8 ft. to 14 ft., I have figured I have around 2,500 cubic ft., assuming an average height of 11 ft. However, this whole area opens up on the left speaker side of the room to the kitchen and dining area.

Question 1: How big should I consider this room? Just consider the room in front of the speakers, or add some extra to take care of the left side-wall loss?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to the forum, but I've been lurking without joining for a while...does this thread belong in the "General Home Theater and Media/Game Room" sub-forum?

I appreciate any answers from you acoustics experts among us.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/19523020

Um the measure ments are right on the paper.

Also there is nothing that can acoustically done until speakers are in there and the room's problems come tolight

Really? To me it seems that sound will be lost to the left side and I would think there's a 'rule-of-thumb' in figuring the sound pressure level at the viewing locations. I just don't know any of this stuff at this point.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
You can compensate by that increasing speaker levels.

Honestly get a system in the room and then we can help you.

I have a living room open on one side and only have problems when i leave the living room but inside the 4 speakers i never notice a problem

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
The LF and HF acoustic issues are going to be different. You will have far less issues in the HF domain than the LF, especially if you keep to speakers with high directivity. The LF bass will see the whole space.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.