Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

Last night I had th pleasure of hooking up my OTAA and getting HDTV. Here is my quick question, would it be wrong of me to state that based on what little I've read in this forum that different shows in HD can look better than others?

I watched Monday night football at my friends house last week, and last night I watched Hack on CBS on my TV. it looked really good but maybe not quite as good as Monday night football.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CodeEcks
Everyone,

Last night I had th pleasure of hooking up my OTAA and getting HDTV. Here is my quick question, would it be wrong of me to state that based on what little I've read in this forum that different shows in HD can look better than others?I
You would not be wrong in saying that, IMO.

The only thing I'll point out - and it's because it's been debated too many times to count - is the use of the word 'better'.

What looks 'better' to you may not be what was intended by the person filming/making the show. So just because NYPD Blue looks 'better' than Hack doesn't mean it's 'better' HD.

Did I confuse you more?? ;)

Others can and will explain better (not my strongsuit)...in a nutshell, you will find one HD program that looks, to you, much better than another HD program you watch an hour later (and for myriad reasons too).

Enjoy!

Tom

PS For real clear, crisp OTA HD - if you have it available - try PBS, they on occasion have some real "looking through a window" type HD programming.

·
Registered
323 Posts
MNF = shot with mainly HD cameras

Hack = probably shot with standard video or film and remastered in HD

Do you have DiscoveryHD? If so, check out the "Praying Mantis" show

tonight at 8pm EST. Just don't do it while eating dinner.

In addition, CBS is broadcasting an NFL game at 4pm EST today. Not sure

if it will be broadcast in your area.

These two programs can give you a glimpse of how good HD can look.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
hack the district the csi's nypd blue are sharper looking filmed base hd show, which equal's better to many hd viewers, or at least after we just get are sets.. other film based shows mite not look as clear sharp

besides film based, there are different types of hd video too 24p many sitcoms, 60p mnf, 60i hdnet, discovery, leno, and all these have an effect on how programming looks too. Each looks alittle different, each has it own strengths, and ideal applications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.