AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can spend up to / around 400 on a 2.0 system, can anyone recommend a set of bookshelf speakers for Pandora and blu rays?

I have probably one of the worst living rooms for sound quality. Hardwood floors, 11x23 size. The tv sits on the wall towards the front of the room (its on one of the shorter walls). I really wanted to do surround sound in this room, but I just don't think I can make it work and it sound good. For one, there is no good place to put a subwoofer. I think I've decided to just run 2.0 instead. Whatever speakers I pick up will be powered by a Denon avr 2807.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1  /t/1420345/2-0-speakers-for-living-room-movies#post_22220892

Is there a reason you need bookshelf speakers? I think these Boston floorstanders are the best thing going at $400. You'll also get more satisfying bass then most monitors can manage.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/BOSA360WHA/BOSTON-ACOUSTICS-A360-3-Way-Dual-6.5in-Floor-Standing-Speaker-Each-White/1.html

+1 you can also look at the home theater direct level 2 towers or if you need bookshelves the level3 bookshelf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, we don't have to do bookshelves anymore! I took the wife into BestBuy today so she could listen to some different speaker setups, and I think I convinced her that floor speakers are a better investment than bookshelves, even if they "make the room look ugly". Thanks for the link on the Boston Acoustics, that is certainly affordable, and i'll also look into htd.com. Thanks gents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts