AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm just looking for some help on an easy 2.1 system... It will be mostly for DJ'ing... small stuff not huge clubs, I think the best bet is an amp and a pair of speakers... I'll spend up to 500 between the two... So if someone could give me a few suggestions it would be really nice...

·
Registered
609 Posts
$500 isn't going to get too far for DJ gear.

If you have a local pro-audio shop/musician's shop. Lot's of them deal with used gear. I would start there. Consumer gear wont do you very well for DJing. Just an amp and speakers wouldn't be enough either. Add mixer, Mic, pro-cd, pro-turntable, rack to mount/transport your gear etc... E Bay is also another place to look for used pro-audio gear.

Edit: If you want new gear check out Carvin . Good gear, great prices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I asked the same question in here a few times and never got much of an answer. The only suggestion I got was to get an onkyo [stereo] amp from onecall.com or jandr.com for around $130 and get a pair of wharfedale zaldeks ($180 from Best Buy). There's got to be more stuff to choose from...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I have the turntables and mixer and everything from a package, i'm looking for just the speakers and powering them with this 500$... Most of the DJ'ing will actually probably be in like a living room or a decent size bedroom, so it doesn't have to be insanely loud... But I would like the capacity to get a little louder if I need for a big room... I may be able to spring a bit more if it was needed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been looking at some studio monitors and loud speakers... I'd like to go with Mackie but it looks like it's ganna be too expensive... I really cant spend more than 500 for both the speakers and powering them. If anyone has any suggestions as to what exact speakers I should be most intrested in... Thanks guys ; )

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
A amp, a pair of speakers and a powered sub would be better. I did a DJ gig Christmas with that setup, worked fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.