Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Until today I had a problem of how to link two devices (xbox + DVD player) with toslink (optical) outputs into my amp that only has 1 input.

Well, I got a toslink signal splitter from radioshack, and simply reversed it and made it a toslink signal merger. It works fine with the individual devices only turned on 1 at a time.

Now my question, what happens if both devices output a signal at the same time to the amp. Will the amp simply "loose" a valid digital stream, or will it try and merge the streams and perhaps damage the receiver at all??

Any ideas??

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

Help anybody?

What will happen if I have 2 toslink signals simultaniously enter the single toslink input on my amp? (Sparks, fire, loss of data stream, world peace?) :confused:

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
How about a 4 to 1 selector at ratshack #13-1586 price $29.99. 4 sqare input into

the selecter and 1 out. Page 151 of last years catalog, top left shown in black color. This way you *won't* have to take a chance that your valuable devices will come to any harm. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
How about a 4 to 1 selector at ratshack #13-1586 price $29.99. 4 sqare input into

the selecter and 1 out. Page 151 of last years catalog, top left shown in black color. This way you *won't* have to take a chance that your valuable devices will come to any harm. :)
Thanks for the option Hob. Unfortunately our ratshack up in the land of the Canucks does not stock this item. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.