AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, the initial version of my 2.35:1 inverse image pattern DVD is ready for testing.

This is just a proof of concept, but the goal of this DVD is to help prevent image retention and to try ensure even phosphor aging after watching several 2.35:1 movies in a row on a plasma tv. I figure that about 20 minutes for every 2-3 hours of 2.35:1 movies would be a good starting point.

This source is a 2.35:1 anamorphic image where the top and bottom "letterboxed" areas alternate between different colors and the main content (where the movie content would normally be) is a matted black. It's is the same general concept as the bright pillarbox option that most plasma tv's have for 4:3 content.

If anyone is interested in testing this out, please send me a quick PM and I will provide you with a link to download the ISO. I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
732 Posts
I haven't had any sort of IR from letterboxed movies, but it sounds like a good idea.

Now, if you could just make the same thing for 4:3 letterboxing, all of the network logos and video game HUD's, I think you've got a potential best seller

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ran this for 2 hours, probably too long since I have IR from this in the opposite positions.

-There are more pronounced thin lines on the inside edges, from the playback of this video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.