Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Got my SDI Vigatec working fine after I downloaded the latest f/w.

One thing though, which I still have not figured out. I cannot seem to display 2.35 movies through D-1 with the proper aspect ratio. I go through the various Format memories, but the only one that even comes close blows out the picture too much. I have a setup with my screen where a retractable piece of wood covered with black felt flips up to give proper 2.35 ratio. The picture as displayed goes way over the borders. Almost looks like a 1.85 formatted picture. And as I said, all other format memories in the Vig are wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Luca

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
propeller_beach,

Be sure to let us know what you learn about the problem. Fixes, workarounds, new software -- ah , whatever.

I don't have a vigatec so can't help, but am keenly interested in getting one someday.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jamin,

I was getting no response so I figured no one was interested. Uwe told me that a new firmware rev. will be posted soon that will take care of all glitches. He said to keep checking shis site every now and then.

All in all, I am very pleased with Uwe's response and technical support. He deserves a nice round of applause for that. And I am thrilled I bought a product of his.

Luca

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Luca

I was a little confused by your question.

If the scaler is displaying a 16x9 properly it should also be doing the same for 23:5.1 regardless if you shift the image or not.

Please give us a follow-up!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Alan,

I'm using 1108 and I can't find a way to do this on D-1.

Can you try and see on yours? Use D-1 input.

Thanks,

Luca

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
We are out of stock until later this week but Uwe just announced his new firmware upgrade and yes you do have aspect ratio control as well as contrast and brightness on D1 input.

You may want to download the new firmware.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alan,

I don't think the new f/w is up for download yet. I just checked Vigatec's site and I don't see it. When Uwe emailed me last time, he said to check back in a week or so.

Please let me know where you saw the f/w for download already.

Thanks,

Luca

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.