AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have continuous reboots on certain channels using a Samsung SIR-T165.

I read various threads and posts about the same problem, all blamed to PSIP info etc.

Then, I happened to be at CC and found an $80 Terk Switch (which combines OTA with SAT LNB's) which came pre-packaged with a DC block.

Knowing that

a) anything made by TERK is a waste of money and

b) that I already had a dual LNB Sat and a regular OTA sharing the same wiring and a diplexer splitting out my OTA signal in front of the input to the Sammy,

I ran out to Rat Shack and picked up a DC Block for $2.49.

All I can say is - NO MORE REBOOTS and signal strength is just the same and I now get all HD signals using an attic mounted $6.49 VHF antenna, combined in to a silver sensor , running down to my living room along the Satellite wiring....

Boo Yaah!

Luckily, I didn't return or RMA or sell the thing huh?

Anyone else found the same situation? With all your reboots - were any of you using switches or amplified antenna's? I think I may be on to something here....comments?

VSapra

· Registered
4,484 Posts
Did you have a lot of glitches (audio wise) also before you installed the DC Block?

Jim

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No audio glitches before or after the dc block installation. Couple of lip sync issues but I think thats got more to do with the broadcasts.

I think a dc block prevents any dc (direct current) electrical charge back down the antenna line in to the receiver/tuner.

Vsapra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.