AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for those of you that have networked replays. How is sharing shows between replays if it is networked with a WET11 Ethernet bridge at each Replay. I'm trying to understand wireless networking a little better. I'm trying to figure it out if it would be worth the cost of another replay, service activation, and another WET11 for a second replay just for the convenience of watching in another room. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The WET11 will be marginal for streaming in some cases. It depends how far apart the units will be (the farther they are apart, the lower the bandwidth) and whether you are trying to stream Standard, Medium, or High.

You may be better off going with theLinksys WET54G, the WAP54G (bridged), or the WGA54G if you cannot go with CAT-5. There are other 802.11G (54Mbps) solutions out there as well.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I used to have WET11 and it worked fine streaming low & medium quality shows, but not high quality shows. For high quality streaming you need 802.11g. This Linksys solution worked best for me (2 WAP54G in bridge mode):
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=270307

Since then I now have 3 RTVs and 3 WAP54Gs and can stream High Quality between all 3.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the respones...since I all ready have BEFW11S4 and one WET11 I'm not sure that I want to change everything over to the G standard just to add another replay and network the two at this time. I was about to buy the 5040 from buy.com for $129.99 today but knew that I should check with those on this forum first for feedback on what I wanted to do. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tivoboy
Can a wireless 802.11g router be used as a bridge. I know this is normally overkill, but I have some extras lying around.

thanks
Not normally and even if it can it will only bridge to another of the same model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.