AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a weird question, but does anyone have any idea of the make and model of the tv set that is in Charlie Harper's living room?

I just got finished watching my box set of 2 and a Half Men season 8. In one episode, there are a few closeups of Charlie's tv set.

It looks like a nice set with side speakers. I zoomed the picture but couldn't read the tv set logo.

My guess is it's some type of esoteric set as money is no object for good ol' Charlie.

I did google this but came up blank.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters  /t/1419334/2-and-a-half-men-what-is-the-make-model-of-charlie-harpers-tv-set#post_22202487

Post some good screen shots showing the front and back of the TV - maybe someone will recognize it .

That's a good idea Randy, but unfortunately, I'm in a technological backwater here. Low speed dialup, and an old, crappy camera.

I was kind of hoping that 2 and a Half Men would be a show that would appeal to the mainly male complexion of this group and that someone here might be acquainted with the tv set.

I did notice that even though I couldn't read the logo, the logo seemed to be comprised of 2 words, with the second word being a single letter...

I couldn't come up with any ideas myself.

I'm just curious as it seems like a high-end boutique type of tv set.

·
Premium Member
18,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerfan  /t/1419334/2-and-a-half-men-what-is-the-make-model-of-charlie-harpers-tv-set#post_22204240

That's a good idea Randy, but unfortunately, I'm in a technological backwater here. Low speed dialup, and an old, crappy camera.

I was kind of hoping that 2 and a Half Men would be a show that would appeal to the mainly male complexion of this group and that someone here might be acquainted with the tv set.

I did notice that even though I couldn't read the logo, the logo seemed to be comprised of 2 words, with the second word being a single letter...

I couldn't come up with any ideas myself.

I'm just curious as it seems like a high-end boutique type of tv set.

It could have been an old Ben Q. Ben Q made terrible Plasma TVs some years ago, and it was during a time when several manufacturers located the speakers on the sides instead of under the screen.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters  /t/1419334/2-and-a-half-men-what-is-the-make-model-of-charlie-harpers-tv-set#post_22207236

It could have been an old Ben Q. Ben Q made terrible Plasma TVs some years ago, and it was during a time when several manufacturers located the speakers on the sides instead of under the screen.

I studied the image some more and played with the tv settings to try to figure out the logo.

It may be a Faroudja. The second word which is a single letter, is unreadable.

The tv definitely has detachable side speakers. The side speakers are black and you can see the speaker wire dangling behind the tv screen.

If memory serves me, in earlier seasons there were a few shots of his tv, and I do think it's the same tv, so likely it's from the early 2000's.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's the episode where Alan starts scamming his relatives with a ponzi scheme. There's a closeup of Bad Alan on Charlie's tv set, when Alan scams Charlie out of more money.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Alan scamming relatives?..... That would be every episode right

I believe the episode your looking for is season 08 ep15 titled "Three H#%kers and a Philly cheesesteak" replace the #% with the correct letter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts