AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaytv 3060 . Cable box is analog Scientific Atlanta. How do I add 2nd cable box wiich is Motorola DCT 2000 {I think). Will rf emitters work on both?

Thaaaanks

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
no way i know of to control 2 different-brand cable boxes with 1 replay...there are dual-head ir blasters, but the replay will send the code for only 1 cable box to both heads

why do you need 2 cable boxes ??

(is one of them a black box ??)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dickpk
Well ........................let's call one box grey! The Dct 20000 does have a serial connector.
As I understand, the serial connection on the DCT boxes won't work with the Replay. I believe that channels can't be changed. You may want to check out the FAQ on this.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Are you sure it only send one set of codes? Haven't people set up cable box and satellite receiver dual systems both controlled by IR?

I thought you COULD do this, just set it up as you would normally. See what happens.

The serial interface is worthless -- the cable box desn't accept channel change signals over it.

Joe

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Joe that might work, put the different boxes on the different inputs. But the catch is you'd have to give them different (digital) line-ups. Most probably wouldn't have two unique (correct) lineups?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That's a good question.

I _think_ I remember a trick we used to use --

you can do some searches in the archive of this forum, because I think this was done back in software release 2.4:

Set up the first lineup properly;

Change your area code to a convienient second number (see next step);

Set up the second lineup with a similar but different lineup -- say your cable company also provides service for a town 20 miles away, under a different name, but with a similar channel lineup. Choose it;

Change back to your original area code.

Like I said -- the process you do this is hazy -- I remember we used to have to trick ReplayTV into thinking we were using different lineups. maybe my memory of this working back then isn't correct.

Anyone remember this?

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.