·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a 'sorta' trick depending ultimately whether it interests you:

>Create a catagory called 'New Movies'

>Change the default recording catagory to 'new movies' folder in setup

>go to zones/movies/now showing

>zoom through pages of movies with page down(channel down key) for good movies to record

>pay attention to the movies playing between 11pm to 9 am because there are few conflicts with other good stuff at that time

>change default catagory back to what you have it to normally.

I try to do this once a week, but only remember to one week out of the month, but it works well. I like to record alot of movies on 'standard' quality so I have longer to sift through them.

It's also a good strategy to find out what channels have shows repeat in the middle of the night in general. Doing so really cuts down on the conflicts and headaches. With a PVR getting everything a day late is no big deal.

cow

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
FWIW, you might also use the following ClawFoot Portal (CFP) code to make movies always go into the "Movies" category.

Quote:
BESMART - Toggles "Smart record options"

Response "Enjoy the Buffiness"

Apparently, the folks at RTV are big fans of the following shows: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, Alias, Coupling, Farscape, Firefly, and Smallville. With Smart Record on, certain default record options will be used when you try to record any of these shows. For example, quality is set to High and Category is set to "Buffy." This feature also makes your RTV "smart" about Movies and Sports, recording them at HIGH and in the "Movies" or "Sports" categories (respectively) by default.
I posted this here way back when I discovered several new codes when 5.0 first came out, but it was only recently added to the FAQ (and not by me, though the person that added the codes I discovered did quote me word for word).

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
Hey cow, any reason you didn't make your post part of this thread?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=308091
I wrote out the whole thing in that thread. Then I moved it because I wasn't sure if it fit or if i was jumping your train. To elminate confrontation i basically fliped a coin, much like replays resolve conflicts.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by j.m.
FWIW, you might also use the following ClawFoot Portal (CFP) code to make movies always go into the "Movies" category.

I'll check that out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.