AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding that the best place for the center channel speaker is right behind a micro perforated screen. The second best place is above the screen and the worst place is below the screen.

Has anyone tried using 2 center channel speakers, ie. one below the screen and one above the screen. I would think that this would simulate 1 speaker in the middle of the screen and eliminate the need for a perforated screen.

Am I out to lunch?

Please comment.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
This topic has been beaten to death in the past. The use of two centre channel speakers would result in severe lobing effects and severe frequency peaks and dips that would not be subtle. Steer clear of this option.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Don't do it, for a plethora of reasons. The only plus is you pick up 3 dB of output. Everything else is bad.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried searching using many different keyword combinations as I expected that this topic would have been discussed in depth in the past. I was not successful in finding it.

Thanks to everyone that responded and back to the drawing board!

Warren

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Warren,

Bite the bullet and sell the dog, your body, or do whatever it takes and get a Stewart microperforated screen. You will not be disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.