AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Question what could i expect if i ran a Adcom 5500 amp to a av receiver the receiver has per amp out.The amp would run the main left and right speakers,

the receiver the center and surrounds. The receiver is a Integra 40.1 running 100 watts per channel the Adcom is 200 watts per channel. Would i still get a even front stage or uneven.

thanks

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

The Audyssey MultEQ in your Integra will calibrate your Speakers to the same level. While you will not have equal power in your front stage, the levels will match by lowering the levels on the FL/FR channels powered by the Adcom.

It will be nice to have the added current reserves for listening to 2 channel applications. It will also give more power to the Speakers being driven by the Integra by being relieved to driving the Mains.

Cheers,

AD

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would there be a chance of overdriving the center by trying to keep up with the mains.

thanks again

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

Your Integra has protection built in to keep it from sending a clipping signal to your Center Channel. You really should be fine. And again, you now have more available power for your CC due to using the Adcom.

What kind of Speakers are you using? I really think you should be fine and Integra makes fairly powerful AVR's so I would not be too concerned.

Cheers,

AD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts