AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to set up a 2 channel rig the only problem is so many different brands don't no where to begin. Need some direction

Any brands you guys could recommend for an intergrated tube amp and or solid state for 2 channel audio?

Any CD players you could recommend on this short list to begin my search?

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any suggestions for a record player and cartridge? a record player that is easy to use and setup?

i'm looking for brands (preferred direct online) that offer a lot of bang for the buck and i can buy online?

Intergrated tube amp, solid state amp, cd player, and record player?

thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
If you have no financial limitations, I recommend you the NAD Masters M3. It's a beautiful integrated amp, with plenty of power and can drive most low impedance speakers in typical domestic environments.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
And if you have financial limitations, nobody can give you good advice until you tell us (approx.) what they are.

·
Banned
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the intergrated amp tube or solid state under $2k

Record player under $2k

CD PLayer under $2k

Cartitrdge under $500

Phone Stage under $1k

i prefer to buy from online retailers like axiom etc... or stores that sell over internet. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
601 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
First off lets look at the numbers........ you state that you want your system to come in under $7500 (not taking into account speakers and I/C's).

How big of a vinyl collection do you have ??

are you competent in TT setup ??

Cd only, or is SACD to be considered too ??

Do you have any knowledge/desire of tube amplification ??

Would you consider the increased flexibility of seperates (amp & preamp) ??

I only ask these questions because you seem to be throwing out a rather large "laundry" list, that I believe needs carefull scrutiny.

Give us some more info and I/we will point you in the right direction !

·
Registered
601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 /forum/post/12961331

First off lets look at the numbers........ you state that you want your system to come in under $7500 (not taking into account speakers and I/C's).

How big of a vinyl collection do you have ??

are you competent in TT setup ??

Cd only, or is SACD to be considered too ??

Do you have any knowledge/desire of tube amplification ??

Would you consider the increased flexibility of seperates (amp & preamp) ??

I only ask these questions because you seem to be throwing out a rather large "laundry" list, that I believe needs carefull scrutiny.

Give us some more info and I/we will point you in the right direction !

Why does it matter how big his vinyl collection is and also why question his wanting of a tube pre/amp? The rest are good questions though.

·
Registered
667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 /forum/post/12962465

Why does it matter how big his vinyl collection is and also why question his wanting of a tube pre/amp? The rest are good questions though.

Gus, Playing devils advocate here ! If he is new to vinyl and with a small collection, quite possibly a more modest investment in the analog side to start might be prudent.

As far as "tube pre/amp", I never questioned him 'wanting' it !! Re-read my post........for I was wondering his fellings towards tubes in general.

·
Registered
601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitch54 /forum/post/12962971

Gus, Playing devils advocate here ! If he is new to vinyl and with a small collection, quite possibly a more modest investment in the analog side to start might be prudent.

As far as "tube pre/amp", I never questioned him 'wanting' it !! Re-read my post........for I was wondering his fellings towards tubes in general.

Ahh got ya, makes sense
. I was going to recommend the Rega P3-24 myself with a decent phono pre like the Cambridge Audio 640p but wasn't sure if he was going to think it was too cheap or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts