AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running two 2" PVC pipes through the walls from my components to the attic above the room. This will cover all wiring for my projector and whatever else later. I already know about how to install the conduit and what they are for. My question is about the end of the conduit near my equipment. What did everyone do for this part?

I was thinking about just putting a box with a hole cut in it for the cunduit to come into. All the equipment will be flush with the wall of the theater and the backs accessible through the closet where the conduit will run into. So it doesn't really matter too much how it looks, just as long as it isn't too ugly. Also, if I do it this way, how to I keep sound and air from escaping or coming in through this pipe? That attic can get really hot and really cold. Should I just stuff some spongy foam in each end until I pass more wires through it? I've done the searches and seen lots pics, but none really about this.

· Registered
306 Posts
I would probably use some type of electrical junction box at the end.

You should put some type of fireproof material in both ends of the conduit to slow the spread of fire and limit sound transmission.

Some building ordinances require using something like cement. It is obviously fireproof at normal temperatures. Or you may be able to stuff in fiberglass or rock wool insulation.

You should check your local electrical and building codes.

· Registered
657 Posts
I agree with the electrical junction box idea. There are several different kinds of modular plates out there that will allow you to terminate everything in an attractive manner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.