Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
23,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to DVD Talk, I'm avoiding 3.5 minutes of forced trailers. I'm "sticking

to my guns" and avoiding Universal DVDs with forced trailers. Yes, I know

fast forwarding takes very little time, but it's the principle of the thing...

I hope Universal doesn't come out with something I *really* want to see

or own. :) Also, DVD File made no mention of the forced trailers.

larry

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'll join your campaign agianst Universal's forced trailer on 2 Fast 2 Furious.

This way will be able to avoid both Universal's insidious plan to force me to watch trailers and their even more insidious plan to make me watch 2 Fast 2 Furious.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was already avoiding it due to bogus computer generated car stunts (nothing worse than fake cars in a car movie), but now it's a double whammy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I took my kid to see this movie in the theater. Believe me when i say that you are NOT MISSING ANYTHING ANYWAYS!!! This is one hell of a disapointing sequel. As a matter of fact maybe the trailer will be better than the movie !!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I bought and watched this movie yesterday. I maybe in the minority here but I preferred the sequel to the original. Given what the movie is supposed to be: an action movie with special effects and not the next Citizen Kane, the DVD was enjoyable.

The sound (in DTS) I found was excellent and if you like bass, there is a lot of it throughout the movie. I also thought the transfer was pretty good. As for the forced trailers, yes they are a PITA but if I look at in on the positive side, it allows my PJ to warm up for a few minutes while I get my drinks etc once I settle in - its showtime. If recall some of the prerecorded VHS movies also have tralers which is even bigger PITA.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I got the double pack(i didnt own the first one) it has the tricked out edition and 2 fast 2 furious.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, the cgi in most of the races didnt bother me much and yes the LFE in this one is kicking it in full force (ask my neighbord) the pq was very good in my taste but yes there is some VERY noticeable EE in outdoors scenes but other than that the double package was well worth it...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I liked the first movie much more. It certainly isn't Citizen Kane but at least it's somewhat believable. 2Fast just makes no sense and has no grounding in reality at all.

Are you referring to 2Fast and EE? The F+F is virtually EE free.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I saw it on my X1 projector last night and it seems that the picture is not up to par. I think the first movie had a better transfer than this one...Anyone else feel this way?

·
23,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't seen 2F2F, but I do own the first and the transfer is

excellent. From the reviews I read and comments here, 2F2F

is not as good.

larry

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
The sound is every bit as good as the first and the transfer comes close. There are a few scenes that use more noticible CGI than the first (that were not necessary), but there are still real stunts and real cars actually driving unlike "Gone in 60 sec" which really sucked!

Fast and the Furious brought more real car stunts back to the main screen than any other movie in the last couple years and the second one comes close. There are actually more real shots with the actors really driving. I also thought the acting and dialog was better in the sequel...except for the the main star who still sounds like a "surf dude bro".

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
As an amateur racer, I just wanna know why the heck the blond guy's FLOOR fell out when he was racing in the first movie. Still scratching my head on that one, never mind why the it was diamond plate to begin with ;) . Adding the stupidity of the above to the incredibly bad acting (people think anakin was bad in SW Ep1 and 2?!?) by basically everyone in the movie, I decided that this was 2Dumb2Watch.

-Trouble

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I watched this last night - thought the acting was bad, the storyline contrived etc. However I knew this coming in - it still provided entertainment though.

I got a copy free for going into Mitsubishi, I went last night to check out the Evo, looking to trade in my 03 Eclipse GTS. Can't complain even though it is the full screen edition (they didn't have any widescreen)

- Rick

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Krynos
...I got a copy free for going into Mitsubishi... Can't complain even though it is the full screen edition (they didn't have any widescreen)
You missed a chance to make a defiant statement about WS! ;) You could of refused to take it, or even touch it, yuckatosis! In the caste system, full-screen is lower than untouchable.:D :)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Troubleshooter
2Dumb2Watch.
LOL!!!! :) So true! This film has more trite, one-line dialog than a lifetime of the worst Dragnet episodes! There were annoying racial stereotypes bantered about. Tasteless, totally! In a strange sort of way the car racing reminded me of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA... the way they would flash the various drivers faces so much...well, like, basically, it reminds of how the pilots faces were flashed repeatedly in BG dogfights.

To call the acting in this film wooden, would be an insult to the many generations of wooden actors that came before. It's more, toitally like, petrafied! The script is designed to minimize acting or limiting it to six words or less at a shot....hmnnn...which might actually be a positive?!?!? Some cast, eh? :rolleyes:

The plot makes CHARLIE'S ANGELS look sophisticated, by comparrison. IMO, the film is 2flat2roll!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dynacoman
When I went to load the disc the plot fell off it and I couldn't find it on the floor.

Jim
Wow Jim, yours came with a plot? If you find it again, can I borrow it?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EC
I bought and watched this movie yesterday. I maybe in the minority here but I preferred the sequel to the original. Given what the movie is supposed to be: an action movie with special effects and not the next Citizen Kane, the DVD was enjoyable.
You are not alone--- this movie had a much better story, actors (bye bye Vin) than FF1. Pure fun, eye candy and entertainment. 2 enthusiastic thumbs up.

BTW-- is everybody missing a Fastfwd button?

·
Registered
270 Posts
i liked this one due to the fact much fewer one-liners then the first one, but if paul walker says "bro" one more time i will rip my ears off

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The trailers were not unskippable on my set up, as per usual Universal had put something up before the movie, I have no idea what it is as I hit next chapter and skipped past it.

- Rick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.