Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

*** SOLD ***

Two, count 'em, two... Sony VPH-1031Q CRT projectors!

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/9949/sony10317xz.jpg http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/9949/sony10317xz.jpg

Blend 'em! Stack 'em! Keep one as a spare!

Or sell one of them to pay for the other one and end up with a free projector!

These babies have been in my equipment closet for a couple of years. I had fun playing with them, but they really need to find a good home instead of taking up space.

They're probably the smallest and lightest CRTs ever made. "Only" 83 pounds. That's nothing compared to the 242 lb CRT I'm using now.

I've been meaning to set these up again and take screenshots for the last year, but instead of procrastinating any longer, I'll just post the very first screenshot (and the only 1031 screenshot that I could find) that I took a year and a half ago from one of these 1031's...

See my arm on the left? This screen was about 7' wide...
http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/4...0htpc019pt.jpg

These projectors don't have hour meters. But there's no visible wear on any of the tubes.

Here are some great sites for additional information:
http://www.curtpalme.com/Sony10xx.htm
http://www.eboyztoyz.com/index.php?ncat=00132

Want a 7 foot screen for the price of a $27" TV?

Want to let your kid play videogames on the bigscreen without racking up hours on your bulb projector?

$299 for the pair, but you gotta come to Northern VA to pick them up.

Nope... I won't sell just one (well, actually, sure I would... but taking just one would still cost you $299)

And nope, even if I get a Nigerian Western Union money order for $5000, I won't ship.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
No kidding - if I was close enough for it, I'd buy the pair, give them away as Christmas presents - have a brother in law and nephew that both could use one. Any chance of you moving to the Midwest, Clarence? Way fewer hurricanes, and you can dodge tornadoes :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ugh, that would solve getting me and my Dad a projector... but it's a hell of a drive out there.

Google maps says just shy of 3000mi round trip. Average of 60mp/h. That's 2 full days (48hrs) of driving. Ouch.

The thing that makes me sick is I'm actually thinking about doing it... but I'd have to be back up here by Monday...

Ugh.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Yeah, couldn't talk the nephew into it. What are kids coming to these days - we used to hit the road for a gig 500 miles away that only paid 200 bucks, and think we had it made. This little sucker is too lazy to drive a measly 1000 miles......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Doh! Well, I missed this one. I'd be interested in splitting them or buying one from you, new_to_this. Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm in PA.

·
Premium Member
16,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys-

I've been out of town this week for the holidays, so I'm just now checking the forum and all my PMs.

I'll sort through them tomorrow and return the messages.

I have several more projectors that I want to find homes for, so stay tuned. A couple more will be almost this cheap, but most of them are much nicer... including 5 Marquees.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
Hi Guys-

I've been out of town this week for the holidays, so I'm just now checking the forum and all my PMs.

I'll sort through them tomorrow and return the messages.

I have several more projectors that I want to find homes for, so stay tuned. A couple more will be almost this cheap, but most of them are much nicer... including 5 Marquees.
Clarence, are you serious about selling these projectors? Please get in touch with me. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence
"new_to_this" never followed through, so if anyone else wants to come get these out of my equipment closet, they're back on the market.
Damn, how big is that closet anyway?

EJ

·
Premium Member
16,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
16,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdiamond
If the deal falls through i'd be interested in buying those projectors.
dgaff is supposed to come get them today. After a couple of other people pulled a no-show, if he doesn't show up, I'll just give them to some kids in the neighborhood.

I pulled them out of the closet for the first time in a couple of years and did a quick setup. I'd forgotten how small these were and how much fun they are to converge.

Just for giggles, I did a 3 minute convergence this morning and took a screenshot on a painted wall...

I left the lights on above the projector so you can see the adjustment controls... it even has a built-in lightbulb under the hood.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Unbelievable. Nice screenshot - looks a lot like what I got out of my first (free) pj - trusty Barco Data 600. As I have whined before, if I was 800 miles closer, you wouldn't still be posting about them :) So there is absolutely no chance of you moving yourself, your closet, and your G90 to Iowa? ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
And I guess there are not much chance you would ship one of those affordable projectors to Canada right ? :confused:

·
Premium Member
16,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The buyer just picked these up.

But these are great little projectors if you ever come across one locally. I just don't like shipping CRTs... I've seen too many damaged in transit. So even when it takes a month to find a local buyer, I don't mind.

For the other people within driving distance who PM'ed me, I've still got a few more to list, so keep checking back:

- Electrohome Marquee 8000, 8110+, and 8111+ (all with ACON)

- unused 8" MEC/Panasonic tubes for Barco 808, Ampro 3xxx, or Marquee 8xxx

- NEC PG 6200 Xtra and NEC PG 9000

- NEC DP1200

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.