AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing a lot of Gears and Lost Planet and at least once a day or two days it makes a funny sound and I get the error reading disc.

On Gears it seemed to happen at end of a chapter if I pressed the A button to skip graphics. Then it started happening occasionally when I would start a round of multiplayer.

On Lost Planet I finished the first mission, got the achievement and then got the message. Started over and successfully made it to mission 2. Yesterday I redid mission one to find all the medals. Got that achievement and as the totals were being shown got the same message.

I have gotten this on other games occasionally but seems to be happening more often. I haven't had my stereo up loud since I am using my headsets on mp.

I do have 2 xbox 360s so I at least wouldn't be going without one. Should I swap hard drives for a week and see if problem goes away on other system?

Or just call Bestbuy and try and get it replaced? It was bought in February of 06.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just checked with bestbuy. I have the product replacement plan. So they will provide prepaid postage to send in the xbox and I will get a gift card in 10 to 15 business days. Glad I have a second 360.

Will just transfer stuff to pc with my xsata. But since I have a 2 year product replacement plan should I hold off a bit? Because once it is replaced I will have to buy another plan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.