AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone else spotted this or has any info about the situation.

Yesterday, I noticed that there were 2 HDNet channels on my program guide (The second being channel 81 I believe). The guide listed 2 but the second one was showing HDNet Movies programming while displaying HDNet shows.

Is this just a glitch or is another HD channel coming?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
was hoping it had something to do with StarzHD

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by durl
Well, good news for folks that can't get a local HD feed from CBS; disappointing news for those of us who get it OTA already.
disappointing when they said StarzHD would be up by the end of the year (2003) so 1 month late wouldn't be too bad, but to prioritize something else instead when it is available (even just to some) elsewhere, that sux

that's the kind of stuff that people switch to cable over

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by alpha21
disappointing when they said StarzHD would be up by the end of the year
Well, more accurately, a CSR reportedly told a customer that that was what they hoped to do. I think the rumor threads are great fun, and I jump in to them as much as the next guy. But I think it's important to differentiate an official statement from a rumor.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Geez, Darin, if we really start differentiating official statements from rumors most of our threads are gonna look pretty small.

(And some folks won't be able to get quite as angry.)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Oh, I'm all about living for rumors, don't get me wrong. :D But if you are going to pick up the phone & call to cancel, you might save a little face if you step back to reality before giving them the reason why. ;)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Darin
Well, more accurately, a CSR reportedly told a customer that that was what they hoped to do. I think the rumor threads are great fun, and I jump in to them as much as the next guy. But I think it's important to differentiate an official statement from a rumor.

the weird thing about rumors...

you (meaning me in this case) doesn't remember it going that way (I don't remember it being 411 from a CSR- I would never believe that!)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Darin
Oh, I'm all about living for rumors, don't get me wrong. :D But if you are going to pick up the phone & call to cancel, you might save a little face if you step back to reality before giving them the reason why. ;)

I wasn't planning on cancelling (can't live without ST and GP)

I just wish D* wouldn't focus it's time on HD locals, local markets should be held responsible for locals IMO

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
I wasn't planning on cancelling (can't live without ST and GP)

I just wish D* wouldn't focus it's time on HD locals, local markets should be held responsible for locals IMO
You can get the ST ala carte with nothing else. What is GP?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Quote:
I agree. Except for NBC & UPN. I think DirecTV should carry those two.

Wanna guess which OTA stations I'm having reception issues with? ;)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MnGuy
You can get the ST ala carte with nothing else. What is GP?
GP- GamePlan

ala carte- is it the same price? I thought you had to at least subscribe to the smallest package?

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
GP- GamePlan

ala carte- is it the same price? I thought you had to at least subscribe to the smallest package?
No, the NFL ST you can get at the same price without any other programming package. And I think those other packages are available on cable--the game plan and other sports subs other than ST.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MnGuy
No, the NFL ST you can get at the same price without any other programming package.

I thought that was an old "grandfathered in" rule

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
I thought that was an old "grandfathered in" rule
Way off topic. I'll pm you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.