AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there is a solution for this:

i have a main tv in the living room connected via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-SR805

i recently purchase a small lcd tv has 2 hdmi in and component. i would like my wife to be able to watch some cable tv on the small tv which is 10 feet away on the other room while i rock the xbox 360. meaning that i wont need to use the cable tv at the same moment.

Thank you to everyone in advance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
as far as I know, the SR805 does not do zone 2 video out, only audio. It can only provide one video output to the main zone. You would have to either change to a receiver that can handle zone 2 video and audio, or perhaps split the signal coming from the cable box so 1 goes to the receiver, and the other goes out to the other room's tv.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I am splitting my HD8300 output between my living room HDTV and the basement PJ.

Thing is, you have to use component for your video. You can't use HDMI because of handshaking issues. You also need a quality (amplified) component splitter. I got mine from radio shack for 50 bucks.

Audio: Simple, just send L&R analog outputs on the SA to TV and use the digital coax output of the SA to run into the Onkyo.

Video: Pretty self explanatory beyond the splitter. One component goes to the PJ, the other goes to the TV, in my case anyway. That way, the PJ's HDMI input is reserved for the Onkyo HDMI, which has several sources hooked up to it... bluray, hddvd, and laptop hdmi.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I kind of have the same question. I have a hdtv receiver in my main viewing area(t.v. room) hooked up with hdmi. I was thinking of putting a plasma in my great room. I was wondering since i'm using the hdmi on the receiver can I use a component output to hook up to the plasma. I know I would have to watch the same channel on each t.v. So can I hook up two t.v.s to one hdtv receiver? One with HDMI and one with component

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can't you just run component to her LCD and HDMI to yours, and give her the remote? What am I missing here? My DVR outputs on HDMI and component at the same time (Motorola 3416)

·
Registered
118 Posts
With the SA8300 You must set the unit to use the HDMI out so even if the components are active along with the HDMI the sound will not work on but one of the selections. HDMI or Optical/Coax, Best solution is to use a HDMI switcher but you will have to view the same channel on both sets.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.