AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm getting ready to buy a 720p projector for my family room which will push my 26" HDTV upstairs to my bedroom. I currently do not have cable / Sat. My wireless router is in the office (separate room). So I want an HD DVR that can send the same HD video signal to both HDTVs and so I can watch recorded shows on either HDTV (two HDMI outputs). I also want the "program from computer / phone" capability without needing to hardwire it into my router which is in another room. I researched both DirectTV and DishNetwork and neither have such equipment / solution (no dual HDMI outputs, no WiFi capability). I don't get it. Am I the only one who has two HDTVs in a house where I want to be able to watch the same recorded shows in two different places without needing seperate HD receivers or HD DVRs? Maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84lion /forum/post/15545871

Well, I found this:

which is a bit expensive but appears to be what you want, split a HDMI source two ways (and says it permits 80 ft cable between source and display).

Streaming the video over wi-fi would be cool but you would need some sort of wireless sender and receiver. This claims to be a HDTV wireless sender but it is not wi-fi.

Thank you. I'll give the HDMI splitter a look. The WiFi thing is just for the remote recording control over the internet. The HD DVR needs to be hardwired to your home network, doesn't it? Thanks again.

·
Banned
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84lion /forum/post/15545871

Well, I found this:

Streaming the video over wi-fi would be cool but you would need some sort of wireless sender and receiver. This claims to be a HDTV wireless sender but it is not wi-fi.

http://www.usbgear.com/computer_cabl...84%2C180%2C176

You will notice the WIFI HDTV Extender only has composite outputs - not HD outputs.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Approx how far apart are the two rooms? You could run HDMI to the projector and component to your 26" TV or the other way around. Is there some reason you feel it has to be HDMI for both?

You can use a wireless bridge, or ethernet over powerline adapters in order to get your DVR online if you don't want to run the ethernet wire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker /forum/post/15547223

Approx how far apart are the two rooms? You could run HDMI to the projector and component to your 26" TV or the other way around. Is there some reason you feel it has to be HDMI for both?

You can use a wireless bridge, or ethernet over powerline adapters in order to get your DVR online if you don't want to run the ethernet wire.

Very good. Yea, that might work. The two locations are somewhat kitty corner from each other... maybe 30+ feet. Component cable is pretty expensive, isn't it? Maybe I'll just use component to my Denon 2309 receiver and let it run teh HDMI to the projector, huh? Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you looked into ATT Uverse? They are the only ones I know of that have this available. It may or may not be available in your area YET. Contact them and they can tell you if you do or when you will have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts