AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost certain I am not going to do the DIY route because I just don't have the time to tackle this project right now.

so.. I see that HSU is doing a 10 percent off the vtf3-mk3. Since they are fairly local to me, I will listen to them on monday and if I like them (first time I listened to one, it didn't sound right) I am going to go ahead and pick up two.

The other option is the SVS Ultra 13 which is currently offered with free shipping.

The darkhorse in this race are the MFW-15s (two of them)

Placement wise, is it better to have two subs? Is it easier to get optimal bass response?

·
Banned
11,550 Posts
Each room is going to be different, but you have 2 dimensions which are multiples of each other (22 and 11), which will cause more serious peaks and nulls from a single subwoofer.

Making this absolute without working with the subwoofers in your room is impossible, but odds are you will get a better, flatter overall response with twin subwoofers. This will take time, and experimentation.

As for the performance, all three products you mention are excellent.

Hsu gets the advantage because you can audition them locally. Hsu Research will also give you some nice recommendations for placing the pair.

If you love what you hear, get a pair, and enjoy !

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 /forum/post/15579637

would having two ultra 13s overcome peaks and nulls better?

Two subs are two subs. Regardless if you buy some real small ones or PB Ultra's, placement issues are the same...unless the subs physically don't fit, but that's another issue

If you can afford two Ultra's, that'd rock, but it also raises another question; Four MFW-15's, or 2 Ultra's?

·
Registered
559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by point1 /forum/post/15579637

would having two ultra 13s overcome peaks and nulls better?

why not 3 hsu uls15 and you will not have to deal with running sub cables.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts