AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local furniture store had a warehouse sale this weekend. I picked up two matinee seats, in a loveseat configuration for $300. They had the temprapedic seats, and a red-maroon cloth. I haven't ever looked at theater seats before, but something tells me I got a pretty good deal. Does anyone have an idea what these seats regularly cost? I would like to add another seat or two, and perhaps a wedge. Is that possible?

·
Registered
30 Posts
You got a sick deal! I have 3 Matinee's on order from La-Z-Boy and I paid $2 grand ($629 each) for 3, set up in loveseat/single configuration. To link them together, you need to buy an arm for in between, and you can link as many together as you want...

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Battleship-7,

Any particular reason you chose the Lazyboys over the Berklines?

Are they a lot more comfortable? Was that price for Cloth or leather?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the Berklines can be found for quite a bit less money.

Anthony

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anthony- I really didn't shop around and I bought them on a whim..I saw 'em, liked 'em and bought 'em! Can you give me some info on the Berklines please...I think the La-Z-Boy leather Matinee's are double the money! I went with microfiber...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yea, I did get a "deal." It was kind of strange, how it worked out. We went the the warehouse sale and where looking around for theater seating. We couldn't find any. And my wife had almost settled on getting a dual rocker/reclining sofa. We wanted something we could have at home by Super Bowl time, with people coming over to watch on the projector, so ordering anything was out. I had looked at the Ashley home theater group at another store earlier in the week, and was leaning towards it, just because it is some much cheaper. Like $1299 for a four piece group.

The sales lady came to help us fill out the paper work on the rocker/recliner love seat, and I asked her if they had any theater seating in the sale. "NO" we don't really carry anything like that. At the same time I'm looking a few rows of furniture behind her and see one lone Laz boy seat. I went to look, and just one seat wouldn't do much good without the matching end. And it was a really ugly color. But now there was hope, that somewhere in the mess we would find what we were looking for. And about 5 minutes later, we stumbled across the two chairs in the loveseat configuration. The set was marked at $400, and my wife asked the salesman if that's the best they could do. He went and got the manager, and came back to tell us that he would sell the pair to us for $300, if we would pay the $50 for the 7 year fabric protection they offered.

$374 dollars later we walked out of the warehouse with two scotch gaurded laz boy matinee seats.

They told me they have the warehouse sale every 2-3 months. Guess who will be there, looking for more, though I doubt I'll find the same fabric, it's worth a shot at that price.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.